Monday, September 18, 2006

Much Partying and Dessert...

Today's the big 2-8 and it wasn't too bad for a Monday. Work went well, it actually wasn't super chaotic and crazy and one certain staff member apologized for being a heinous witch last week. My co-worker brought cupcakes (Little Mermaid, I'm not sure why) and we all went out to lunch.

The whole fam dam came up yesterday, actually Mom came up early and we went shopping then everybody else came up and we went to dinner on Lake Hefner at Bahama Breeze. Ymmmm.

Actually, it started last Thursday when I went out with the girls at work to this awesome Brazillian place in Midtown OKC with some awesome Caprinnhias. And some really delicious flan.

Saturday we had a wedding for some friends of my husband's from college. It was Episcopalian so the wedding was pretty long but the reception was awesome. There was a great band there, The Rounders, who we actually accidentally ended up sitting with at dinner. They were very cool and I really love their music. Kev got me 2 of their CDs for my birthday. It's kinda Jim Morrison meets Eddie Vedder with a little Bluesy Bluegrass mixed in.
All in all, a really fun time. And a super fun crowd for a bunch of engineers.

Tonight Kev and I went out to a new Italian place for dinner and had this awesome Lobster Ravioli and Tiramisu (Dessert #2). And for dessert dessert my husband got me an awesome Boston Cream Cake. Love me some birthday!

Movie Review: The Last Kiss

I loved this movie. I am a huge fan of Zack Braff. It was really funny, a bit depressing and a bit super frustrating but all in all I really liked it.

Still have photos to update, either Blogger's not cooperating or I can't find my USB key.

6 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Happy birthday (although 28 is soooo darn young).

I was married Episcopalian and the ceremony was only about 15 minutes long-maybe you can chose which mass you want said?

5:54 AM  
Blogger LG said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TANDI!!!

Your dinner at the Italian Restaurant was delicious! TIRAMISU is my favourite dessert!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday, Tandi!

and thanks for the restaurant links, they are golden for an Okie newcomer like me!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Hey Guys! Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

Deneen, the wedding was beautiful but, holy crap, almost an hour of ceremony-ing had me squirming in my spot of wooden pew.

Thanks Vik! I'd love to find a good recipe for Tiramisu.

Thanks Sue! It was a blast. I just finished the last delicious cupcake at work today.

Rebecca, I have so many favorites here, we really have some great places. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...

11:16 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I can't wait to see that movie! Zach Braff is awesome, and he always does such a good job of picking out music for soundtracks. I heard that he picks out the music for Scrubs, too! Sounds like you had a great b-day.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home