Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Green Gables Galore and some RAOK Goodness...

First things first, I got the coolest package this week from Vik in Argentina. It is the coolest cotton collection. The one in the front looks hand spun and hand dyed and is incredibly soft. Vik also included a cute postcard and some really great pamphlets about Argentina. Thanks so much Vik, that was really thoughtful!
I didn't have a clue when I started searching out patterns and things online what this would blossom into. I have made so many friends online and learned so many valuable things that I never would have without this experience. Who knew!?

Okay, so I caught a fever. Green Gable fever. On top is the first one I did, which I hadn't quite finished when I decided to make one for my mom for her birthday. The fit seemed great but I blocked it and it expanded like crazy. Don't be fooled by the pic, it's all bunchy in the back.
And the second shot shows how wonky I made the lace part. I will be redoing this soon.




Sorry about the bra shots. The second one I did for my mom, I decided to do the small size (34) since the 36 came out huge post-blocking. No dice. This is teensy and the armholes are too high. I read on the GG Knit Along (once I was in the middle of the body portion) that the small size actually needs 8 lace repeats. Oops. That would have been about right. So I'll be ripping this one out too. I also didn't like in the first one that there were two decrease rows together. It made little bunchy pockets on both sides. So I separated them on the second one and did 4 decreases, 5 rows apart, then added several increases the same way.
I also saw a cute one on the KAL with an edging of lace instead of ribbing. May try that too.

Things are still going great with work. Still working out some kinks, but I love the girls I am working with.
Oh, and did I mention we are going on vacation soon? We get to go with my husbands parents, my brother and sister in law and neice and nephew to Florida! Can't wait, we rarely ever get to spend time together without a ton of stuff going on and we'll actually have time to hang out. And the kids are 7 and 3 and so much fun. I'm really excited.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

The yarn Vik sent is beautiful!

Both the tops came out well, really nice. The colors are beautiful. The pink one fits you perfectly and looks great!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You're a brave soul. The only clothing I've attempted to knit is a shawl! I'm working on a sock right now, but other than that, I'm too scared to try any real clothing.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I know you weren't really happy with the one of the sweaters, but I swear that it looks really cute!

The colors are really awesome.

8:37 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Hmmm. A little bit of exhibitionism, but that's okay, Tandi. We're all friends here.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Wow! You've been so lucky ....that yarn Vik sent you looks delicious!
The GG tops look very nice. The pink looks like a great fit . I've never knitted anything more complicated than a beginners hat. I really admire knitteed wearables. Someday...maybe ...I'll be brave enough to venture in that direction.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home