Sunday, May 07, 2006

Some time off...

Wow, so much has happened since I posted last. My last day at work was the 29th. Saying goodbye to everyone was harder than I thought it would be, but I am still very sure it was the right decision to make.

And things actually came through in the new job department. I was afraid it would take forever to find a new job that I wanted, but it worked out just right. I was off all week last week and had a chance to get some work done around the house and catch up on everything a bit. The week before I had been offered a position with an adoption agency but just wasn't sure I liked everything about the job. It was contract work and would be a lot of driving. I had almost decided to take it, then I had one interview which I totally spaz'd on with an adolescent residential facility (substance abuse/mental health). They lost me in the interview when they asked if I had any training restraining children. Woah... too direct care for me. Honestly, I got so nervous after that, I don't know why. But they offered me that position, amazingly enough.
Then I had an interview with an agency I had applied for quite a while before. It's with a non-profit health care clinic here in Norman and it's 8-5 and no overtime. I was so excited, but I knew they were interviewing a lot of applicants. They called last Thursday and said I got the job and could I start Monday! I am really excited, it's exactly what I've wanted to do. And no more commuting. Yeah!

6 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Congrats on the new job-

6:59 AM  
Blogger Jenny Moore said...

gratz on the new job! now if only i could find one...

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great, Tandi! Congrats on the new job! You must be so glad that you decided to leave the old one and move on to better. Fantastic!

1:02 AM  
Blogger LG said...

Good for you Tandi! Congratulations!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you! Congratulations!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Congratulations Tandi on your new job. So happy for you that you got the job you've wanted and something that doesn't involve commuting. Now you'll be able to have time for your self more. Good luck with the new job.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home