Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Few Finished Objects

First, a great shot of a small business I caught a while back on the way to a job interview in South OKC. I just couldn't resist. I was driving so the pic is not the best, but hilarious nonetheless. Can you see the small print in the sign that says "Same Day Service?"


The first blanket was made for some friends of ours who are due soon. I used Yarn Bee Luscious for the body and Yarn Bee (something else, can't remember what) for the border.

The final two are, finally, my 63 SQUARES GHAN!!! I've been working on this thing since November and it took over a month to join the thing. But I was so glad when I was finished! I love how it turned out. Thanks so much to the girls in the Crochetville CAL for all the support. It was fun, girls!

In other fibery news, I gave in and got the Green Gable pattern. Everyone is making one and I thought it would be a good segway into knitting wearables. A quick trip to Carol's for some Cotton Fleece and I was well on my way. I am now almost done! Wahoo! Just have a few rows of ribbing around the body and finishing on the sleeves and I'll be done.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Moore said...

WOW! you're 63 squares ghan is gorgeous! Congrats on finishing it!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Tandi!! You're 'ghan is beautiful! Those colors look so nice together.

Whoo hoo hooo!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I happened upon your blog when I googled for ideas to use some of the Yarn Bee yarn that I got on sale the other day.

I absolutely love the pink baby blanket! I can already imagine a little girl cuddling up with it.

9:48 PM  
Blogger LG said...

The afghan is beautiful, Tandi!!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I want gold teeth with same day service. That is too funny!

You've got some good work happening over here! Very cool.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

The afghan is beautiful. Great job!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

The gold teeth service on same day !!! Now thats a funny one . I enjoyed that .
The bay blanket is very cute and looks soft and cuddly. And Congratulations on completing the afghan. It looks lovely and the colours are nice too.A lot of joining on that one ....great job though!!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home