Tuesday, March 21, 2006

On the Road Again...

Off to Durango tomorrow for a business/road trip. We are driving tomorrow to Albuquerque and staying the night then driving Thursday morning to Durango (about 3 hours.) Looks like it's snowing like crazy in sporadic places, so we'll see how it turns out. May be a long drive. But I'm really excited, I love Colorado and it sounds like there's a lot of cool stuff to do in Durango.

Found a really cool looking yarn store in downtown Durango called Yarn! that we really want to visit. Looks like there's a tea bar and a cool yarn selection, might be fun.

We are also going to ride on the Durango/Silverton Railroad and visit these hot springs. Sounds fun, I've never been to natural hot springs before.

Trying to pack and decide what projects to take... Haven't decided yet. I started a scarf, simple garter/yarn over pattern out of chunky Wool Ease. I really want to make a summer tank, looking at possibly Soleil from Knitty. I just saw Erica's blog today (dangerous, by the way, she makes gorgeous stuff very quickly) and she has started a really cute version of it. I actually bought several skeins of Paton's grace then I swatched it, it came out grossly off measure (22 stitches, 33 rows should have been 4" square but was more like 3 x 5.) So I'm not sure what the solution is, if the yarn's just not right for it or what. Any advice, seasoned knitters?

6 Comments:

Blogger LinknKnits said...

I used to live in Colorado and highly recommend the hot springs! SOOOOO relaxing.... Have a nice trip and remember -- Buy Yarn! :-)

7:43 AM  
Blogger LG said...

Have a nice and safe trip Tandi!

4:26 PM  
Blogger none said...

Have a nice trip! Natural hot springs are cool. :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Durango, have camped and hiked there in years past. Love the area. Have fun!
Just wanted to pop in for a visit, and say hi. Please do the same.
I too would recommend the spas...felt good to us after hiking.
Sandy

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of my best friends from CA has a daughter going to college in Durango. I read about all her adventures all the time on her blog. Can't wait to hear your take on Durango (from a different perspective!)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Celeste said...

Ooh, a road trip involving yarn?! Lucky, lucky you!!!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home