Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Looks Like I'm Back on the Market...

The job market, that is.

The week we got back from Durango, some crap went down at work that I was not at all comfortable with and resulted in my submitting my thirty days notice. The toughest part was making the decision, but now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I felt like it was starting to take over every part of my life. I partly hate to leave, I love most of the people I work with, and I really hated to leave without something else lined out, but I know it was the right decision. I really hope to find someting closer to home (speaking of which, I have some hilarious pics from my redneck drive home) and hopefully working with kids. We'll see what unfolds.


On the hooks...

I've been finishing things like crazy. Two things this week. I think that's a record.

I FINALLY FINISHED THE BEAST!!! The 63 Squares ghan is finally done and it looks awesome. It was the wierdest thing, when I finally finished my two month joining process, I almost wanted to make another one it turned out so well! Don't have pics of it yet but hope to get some good ones to post soon.

Now I can start joining the squares I have for a blanket for Squares for Survivors.

Also finished a baby blanket for our friends in Dallas who are due soon with a baby girl. Finally found a good pattern for some Yarn Bee yarn Kim gave me because she didn't like working with it. It was boucle and plush and hard to find a good pattern for.

My Crochetville Secret Pal surprised me with some of Deneen's awesome Shea Buttah in Lavender. It is the greatest stuff! I have had the sweetest secret pal, she has sent me some beautiful e-cards and I might have an idea who she is... She sent an e-card today saying my reveal pack is on the way! Can't wait!

And I had a total brain dump and somehow thought that the pal round lasted until the end of May instead of the end of April. I had high aspirations of doing something cool for my SP, but my aspirations may be too lofty. I really hope to get it finished (well, okay, started) soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the job situation, but sometimes things are for the best.

Secret Pal :)

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what they say, As one door closes, another one opens. Best of luck finding a new and better job!
Yay on the 63 squares! I look forward to seeing a pic!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny Moore said...

So, we have similar situations with jobs, now we have similar situations with SP! I too thought we had until the end of May! And I had already started on my lofty project. Guess it's going to be crochet day and night for the next two weeks...

Grats on finishing the 63 squares ghan! That is on my list of "To Do's" but, the joining of the squares scare me. I still have my squares from the square swap sitting on my desk, waiting for me. Lol.

And good luck on the job hunt! It's a pain.

9:47 AM  
Blogger LG said...

My best wishes Tandi in your new job search! You'll see it was a smart decision, something better is waiting for you!

Can't wait to see the pic of your 63 squares ghan! I'm in the 200 blocks CAL, and I can imagine the joining will be the worst part, isn't it?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Tandi , Sorry to hear about the job situation. But then maybe it is a reason to get to better things. Wishing you you all the best for a better job.
And Goodluck with the Sp too.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home