Monday, November 28, 2005

Weekend Report

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I really enjoyed the long break, had a great time at my parents', and ate way too much. Everybody was pleasant and it was really good to see my extended family.
Kevin came in from Africa on Saturday and I drove to Dallas to pick him up. His flight was delayed so I had time to stop by a cool yarn store called The Shabby Sheep in Dallas close to the West End. It was such a cool little store in a bungalow type home with different yarns in each room. The people were really friendly and there were people just sitting around knitting. I chose that one because I fell in love with this Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton that I saw in Atlanta at Why Knot Knit and Shabby Sheep was the only store in Dallas that carries it. So I got 2 skeins of that, and also saw this amazing Noro Kureyon colorway yarn (I'm about to finish that and it's turning out fabulous, looks much harder than it is- I'm also working on one with the Manos I got in Atlanta), and I had seen a really cool knitted checkerboard scarf that Crazy Aunt Purl made, so I got 3 skeins of that and found some really cool knitting needles, Addi Turbo, in circulars because I hadn't tried those before. And I also got 3 skeins of the amazing Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in a soft, aqua color.
It was so good to see Kevin, we really enjoyed having some time to ourselves in Dallas before heading back. We got some Christmas shopping done and went to a big outlet mall close to the airport before we left.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to see your family! I'm in love with alpaca yarn! Isn't it yummy! You and Celeste have got me seriously thinking about learning to knit! Enjoy your new stash!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Thanks guys! Jessi, I haven't blocked these yet but mine looked much more loopy than yours. I will go ahead and block them and see how they turn out. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Sue, glad you had a good holiday too!
I really wish I hadn't felt Alpaca yarn! That stuff is addictive. I just learned to knit at a class at my LYS and I am loving it. I really like having the option of knit or crochet.

1:05 PM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

Isn't Noro wonderful? I bought some for my Secret Pal, and had a really hard time giving it up! I have actually not used it myself... you'll have to share how yours goes!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home