Monday, October 31, 2005

People Say the Stupidest Things

So I went to my hometown, a whopping hour drive, on Saturday for my friend's twins' second birthday party (they are just too cute by the way). I went down early so I could have lunch with my mom and sis and her boyfriend, who we really like.
So we're eating lunch and in comes this lady who I had gone to church with since I was, like, 8 and she came over and said hi and gave me this awkward hug leaning across my mom in the booth, then we exchanged pleasantries and she sat down at her table. We were walking out and I said in passing it was nice to see her and she looked at me and said, Honey you look so good. Why thanks, I say, and she then says something to the tune of, "You just looked so aweful the last time we saw you, we could tell your whole countenance was just destroyed" and I just stood there nodding, thinking, WTH? and she kept going and going about how they were really worried about me and it seems I am doing better and she hopes I am happy. Seriously, how could that even get past the brain to mouth filter as approved?
So some details, the last time I had seen her was the tail end of a really bad marriage which ended even worse, and it sucked and I almost wanted to scrunch up one eye and say, "what the hell are you thinking saying that? Thanks, I didn't realize that I worried you so much at the lowest point of my life but I really appreciate you bringing it up."
Sheesh. Makes me really miss the church crowd I grew up with. Not.

On a happier note, I finished three squares I was working on for a comfortghan and will mail them off soon, pics to come.
I also finished felting my FCEC Tote and it came out all wierd. Everything looked fine when I sewed the handles and flap on and somehow in the washer it must've gotten all twisty because now they are way off center. Will post pic soon and see if anyone has any quick fix idea.
Holiday Swap started today at Crochetville and I can't wait to get started!

Had a really great weekend, just crocheted a lot and cleaned a little and relaxed.
Oh, I also finished a baby ghan out of 6 inch squares and something cool I may give to my pal.

Happy Halloween!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

That FCEC tote was the biggest pain in the butt! I would try and detach the handles and resew them. If that doesn't work, here's a trick. Cut the handles off, not the motif thingy. You can either use these or make another handle, almost 6 feet long, like a tube (an I-cord maker is what would work). Anyway, full it in the washer. Then, when it dries, you can use a knitting needle to poke holes in the bag (it works, trust me) and weave the new handle in and out kinda like the booga bag (http://boogaj.typepad.com/knitting/) and then you don't have to worry about the sewing, which is a pain in the patootey!

You can also try my "Marvelous Fulled Mini Tote" with increases for a bigger bag if you liked the fulling.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home