Sunday, January 28, 2007

I got the greatest package in the mail from my SP9 pal, Jill in NC of jilliansknits.blogspot.com



She sent the greatest local sock yarn in a pretty purple/jewel tone colorway and some beautiful post cards of the area where she is from and some delicious Dark Hershey's Kisses which may of may not have arrived half eaten.
I've had such fun this round getting to know Jill and my SP Pal-ee. I'm so glad I tried it out.



I also finally got my Knit Picks order (it took 9 days in the post to get it here!) But it was so worth it.



I got the Options set I have been eyeing for a while and also ordered some Gloss merino/silk yarn. It is absolutely amazing. Soft and squishy and will make a great pair of socks. I think those might become Knit Picks Argyle socks.




Last weekend I took off work the Friday before and Monday after and went with my mom to the big Dallas Floral Market (mom owns a flower shop in the town where I grew up.) Market is huge and this year they added a giant cash and carry section where there were scads of vendors with inexpensive jewelery and accessories and things. We found some great deals (cashmere scarves for $10 each!) and got to eat at some great places there.

I also managed to squeeze in a trip to my favorite yarn store down there, The Shabby Sheep. We have friends who are having twin girls soon and I need to get on the ball and whip out a few blankets. I got this book because there are some really cool crocheted blankets in there. Although I listened for the first time to the CraftBorg podcast (www.craftborg.com) - Rosemary (www.rosemarywaits.com) is in my knitting group and is uber talented and funny- and Julie from the show (www.persinable.blogspot.com) was talking about this Feather and Fan blanket she just made with Bamboozle yarn and it's sounding awefully tempting... I was hoping to make it to Carol's Knitting Studio today but with all the cleaning and lazing I ran out of time.
And the vest pattern is a Blue Sky made with their cotton (love that stuff!)




Kev's been out of town this weekend and some of last week - after I'd committed to going to Dallas with mom, Kev's friend invited us up to stay at their Ski Lodge in Snowmass and ski there with him. He said he's had an awesome time, the house is amazing and they are doing X Games in Aspen right now just down the street. Lucky!

Not much knitting progress to report. Still working on my Hourglass Sweater in Cotton Fleece and the sleeves are not cooperating. They keep coming out huge.
That's actually all I've started right now. But I did rip out the brown socks because they were just too big so I'll have to redo them and I'm still working on the self striping socks for my mom.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Lots of great stuff via the mail! Very cool! I have the Denise needles set (been using it for about 2 years now) and I love it. I am never without the right size of anything. Very cool. Enjoy!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

How great is that! Good for you. Wow that yarn looks too good.
You've been tagged. Check out my blog.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

The vest pattern looks really nice. I just bought a Blue Sky Alpacas pattern over the weekend for a cropped cardigan. Can't wait to start!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home