Sunday, January 07, 2007

World's Longest Post

Wow, the holidays flew by. We got to spend a lot of time with Kev's family and mine (we both had the whole week off between Christmas and New Year's and it was great.) We got to spend Christmas with the neice and nephew, the only kids left on both sides and it was a blast. Then we spent New Year's with my family and came back and I caught a bad cold from my sister so I've been down for a day or two. I actually took off on Friday. I didn't even knit or surf, I just laid on the couch all day...

Well, I'll get on to the world's longest post, as I have a ton (obviously) to update.

First of all, a huge thanks to my SP9 Secret Pal! This round has been so much fun. The pic below is the last package she sent- the Knit Picks yarn is already my second successful pair of socks! And the other hank is soon to become another pair.
I really appreciate everything SP!


And here is a picture of the Furry Boss Scarf I made for our Secret Santa at work:
(Couldn't find a better model.)


Here are the socks I made with the Knit Picks yarn sent by SP. My first try with self striping yarn. It's addictive. It really made it go by faster because I kept waiting for it to change. And it was easier to make them both the same because I just stopped at an obvious color change spot.
The pattern is "Simple Stockinette" from Just Knit Socks.
I knit them on Size 2 Double Points. Really want to learn on 2 circs.




I think using Safari on my Mac screwed up the choices on Blogger. I only have HTML option on posts (can't change picture format) and don't have the option of inserting a hyperlink. I may try installing Mozilla to see if that works better.

Here's my (almost) completed Brea Bag from Berroco. I finally learned to succesfully cable and love it!

I found great fabric for lining, I just have to learn how to line a bag... And finish my little booboo where I sewed the gussest flush to the top of the bag instead of leaving room for the handles. I think I can just knit another section and sew it on.
Then I need to find handles. Like I said, almost done...


My new Fearless Fiber yarn in Smoke Colorway also soon to become a pair of socks (maybe Jaywalkers?)


Some Lion Brand Self Striping Sock yarn my mom picked out when I was home. I think I may use the same simple stockinette pattern I used for the Knit Picks yarn.


The loot from Carol's Sheep Shed Studio:
More Wildfoote sock yarn (love the brownish soft jazz colorway) and some Cotton Fleece that's in the process of becoming a sweater (pics below)


New knitting books my Sister in Law got me for Christmas:

There's so much I want to make in these!
I started out with an hourglass sweater out of the Cotton Fleece I got at Carol's. I'm just a few inches away from seperating for the yoke. Hopefully things are going well... Haven't tried it on yet to check the fit, will do that soon.
Cotton Fleece always makes for messy stockinette for me. Hopefully it will steam out.


Hope everyone had a great holiday!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cables are lovely. What great yarn and books! Enjoy! : )

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, you have completed major knitting projects! Everything looks GREAT! Love those socks. I like the self striping yarn.

Talk to you soon.

SP

7:44 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

A helmet? Ya'll in the SCA? I was a longtime member from way back. I ahve not played in a while, though.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the knitted socks! Nice job!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Thanks, guys!

Susan, I'm not sure what the SCA is, but that's one of the very random home decorations my husband had before we got married. There's also a sheild and sword proudly hung behind where the front door opens!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home