Saturday, December 02, 2006

First Sock Pictures!

Finally, here is a pic of my first pair of knitted socks. I had two bad starts on different patterns but ended up sticking with these.


Pattern: Classy Slip-Up from Knit Socks!
Yarn: Fearless Fibers Merino Superwash in Thoroughbred colorway
The yarn was great to work with. It's super soft and has just enough give.
Can't wait to get more of her yarn... I really like the Smoke colorway
My guage was right on but the pattern came out huge! (Had this problem with another pattern in this book.)
The socks are really bunchy around the ankles. I adjusted the length of the heel flap on the second sock but it still feels pretty big.
I read on a blog that machine washing and drying really softens up superwash and shrinks it a bit so I tried that and it did make them fit a bit better. And made them really soft.

Closer look at pattern:
(An attempt, at least.)
How are socks so incredibly difficult to photograph?

Can't decide what to make next! I have a little something I'd like to make for my SP 9 pal and I still want to conquer the Brea bag but first I need to sit down and figure out cables.

I've also been lurking on the Red Sweater KAL and reading up on Susan's sweater progress and am itching to make a sweater.
Or more socks.

We had a big snow storm come in Wed. night and the clinic was closed Wednesday and Thursday! So we're enjoying a relaxing 4 day weekend. Been watching movies, knitting, sitting around, cleaning a bit. Even did a bit of shopping today. It's been very nice. Tomorrow the plan is to get the Christmas garb out and start decorating.


Here's a picture from the ski trip:
The weather couldn't have been better while we were there, 40's to 50's most days and one day we even hit some mild snow flurries.
And the last picture is a bouquet of Anthuriums my mom made for a wedding shower a few weekends ago. They don't usually have that white vein down the middle- I thought they were just stunning. Mom and Dad have a flower shop in the town where I grew up and Mom does amazing work.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Wonderful socks! Congrats!

The pictures are beautiful. Your Mom is very talented!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice socks! I am so jealous you went skiing!

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the socks! I'm pea green with envy! Good luck on the sweater should you choose to accept the mission...

12:13 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Congrats, but be warned you could become a sock addict!

Trust me on this:D

6:18 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Congratulations, Tandi! Your socks look sooo pretty - Now you´re ready for the winter!

What a wonderful flowers!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are great! Nice work. And I'm totally jealous of the snow. We normally get snow here. It's 27 degrees this morning. My thoughts are ... If it's going to be this cold, it should be snowing!!

Again, love the socks!

7:37 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Your socks look great! Bravo!

The ski trip looked pretty darn awesome too...

12:57 PM  
Blogger Feral Housewife X said...

Nice socks! One day, I hope to tackle socks!!! And I looooove the color!

Thanks for stopping by my blog; and many thanks for the nice comment on my crocheted wire necklaces! Glad you like them!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home