Monday, January 15, 2007

Greetings from Iceland

It's a balmy 19 here in the Sooner State. We got almost 2 inches of ice in a storm this weekend and everything is crazy slick. And our office was one of the nine establishments in town who decided to open today. I didnt' get any pictures, but Susan has some great ones on her blog:

http://www.susinok.com/?p=416

We just stayed in this weekend and got some cleaning done - braved the weather and went to some friends' house to have soup and play games. Fun!

I've decided to pick up the guitar again and have been noisily trying to play again. It's not pretty but I really enjoy it.

Didn't get enough knitting done to warrant pictures though. I did make a scarf for a co-workers birthday that's coming up. And I haven't made too much progress on the Hourglass Sweater but I hope to get some done this week.

I did just order a set of Knit Picks Options! Can't wait to get them! And I ordered some Gloss Sock Yarn.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the options set and LOVE it. I hardly use straight needles anymore. I also ordered the small circulars for sock knitting. They are great for socks on two circs b/c the tips are more pointed than other circs.

The ice sounds ick. That's the worst. Snow is MUCH better.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my knit picks, got the whole set. It's nice to be organized, have no memory in the cables, and those sharp points, ooh,la,la!

Stay warm! We haven't got out yet, our long steep driveway is still halfway covered in ice (my husband has been working on it for the last two days...)

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This ice is really sticking around, isn't it. Stay safe and warm.

I have a few of the Options needles and I love them. I'm going to order more, too. : )

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home