Monday, October 02, 2006

The Rest of the Destin Pics and Hasta La Vista!

So here are the rest of the good pictures from the family vacation to Destin. The place was absolutely beautiful and a great place for family vacation. We stayed close to the SanDestin side and there was always a ton of stuff to do. We stayed on the water and spent most of the time on the beach (the 7 and 4 year old neice and nephew were loving it) and ate some wonderful seafood.

The top shot and the one below was from a great resturaunt, Captain Dave's on the Gulf.

The first night there, we ate at a seafood/pub place called McGuire's and watched the sunset while the bagpipes were playing Amazing Grace to "tuck the sun in bed." It was really cool.

Somehow I was convinced (Krispy Kremes were involved) to go check out the sunrise under the Destin Bridge. It was amazing.

This was that same morning and I was mesmerized by this group of about 11 hermit crabs doing this wierd dance where when the water serged in, they would all gang up on one crab then with the next surge they did it again to a different one.

All in all, it was a really great trip. The weather was beautiful, the beaches were the sandiest white I have seen in the states.

Speaking of which, we found a really great deal on a trip to Cancun and leave tomorrow. We're going with our friends who are pregnant with twins and I'm looking forward to a great trip.
Been brushing up on the Espanol. Ha!

In knitting news, I am addicted to multidirectional knitting. I found an old pattern, the Multidirectional Scarf, (from a link and gorgeous pic on Tracy's Blog) and I'm loving it! I dug out some Noro Kureyon that Wendy gave me in the CV Secret Pal swap last year and it's gorgeous. The colors are amazing. Will post pics soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy you are using that yarn. I can't wait to see!

2:28 AM  
Blogger LG said...

What wonderful pictures, Tandi!
CanĀ“t wait to see a picture of your new scarf with beautiful Noro yarn!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Hi! This is your SP9 hostess - can you shoot me an email with your address? I only have the street right now.
Thanks!

-Jody
email - sp9hostessjody@yahoo.com

3:00 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The pictures of your recent trip are wonderful. And, wow! I hope you have a great time in Cancun. : )

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home