Saturday, January 14, 2006

Ketchup

How can it be so long since I last posted? I'm thinking surely I typed a few in there that somehow got lost.... Anywho, I have lots of catching up to do, hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to update things. I really need to get some links or something on this naked blog.

I had to work last weekend and this week was crazy at work. But I did make the new Sit n Stitch on Thursday at Borders and it was so much fun. There were 13 or so of us there! It's so great to meet people as fiber crazy as myself. My friend from work came and 2 ladies from my husband's work came and we all gabbed and stitched and had a great time. Susan put the whole thing together and did a great job. Can't wait to see things continue to grow!

On the hooks, I finished #50 of my 63 squares ghan and will hopefully be done soon, the thing seems to never end.
I had started a scarf out of the Blue Sky Organic Cotton I've had for a while (that's the thing about really nice yarn, there's so much pressure on finding exactly the right project for it.)
I did a cluster braid/cabled look in crochet and it was not working out well so I've decided to scrap that and try to knit my first hat. I'm using Crazy Aunt Purl's Roll Brimmed Hat Pattern.
I think it's going well so far, although I can't really tell if it's too big or not, hope to find out soon.
I want to make a warm scarf to take with us to Tokyo (Apparently it's going to be, like, in the 30's while we're there).
Then I think I will try knitting a sweater. I haven't decided which one yet, but when I was talking to Susan last weekend she suggested one from Cosmic Pluto's blog, a simple raglan sweater. Either that or Tempting from knitty, or actually a variation more like this. Ooh, while you're there, you'll have to check out the rest of her FO's. Her site, Progress, is really cool, I love her crocheted clothing items, she is really talented.
There were two ladies at the meeting Thursday working on the Darrell Waltrip Dishcloth and it looked so cool, I really want to give it a shot when I've finished everything I have started.

I finally did it, after saying I would for months, I got up this morning at 5:40Am and went to the gym before work with my friend from work. And it wasn't nearly as heinous as I was expecting. There were actually quite a few people there that early, I was shocked. But I did it, I survived, and I may try to do it again, who knows.

I heard at the Sit n Stich Thursday that there's a big sale at the huge yarn store here I haven't gotten to go to yet so a friend and I are taking a little road trip tomorrow. Apparently everything in the store is 25% off, woohoo!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for excercising! Looks like you have some fun projects coming up! Good luck on '63', you're almost there!!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for adding your blog to the Sit&Stitch list! reading back through your posts, I found that we've both been to the Erath winery-delicious and scenic, Trader Joe's (miss it terribly as I used to shop there weekly in CA), and Multnomah falls and the Portland area in general. I bookmarked a knitting site or two from your posts also. This is fun! See you on Thursday!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Thanks Sue! I do have some fun things in mind... And I just can't get motivated to crank out those last few squares of the 63!

Rebecca, that's pretty cool that you've been to all those places. I really loved Erath, it's one of my favorite Pinot Noir's. I really love the Portland area. I heard there's a great yarn store there and a cool knitting cafe.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Tandi, I'm so glad you're a member of our Sit 'N' Stitch group. : ) I'm looking forward to seeing your Blue Sky Organic Cotton project, and you're almost there on your afghan project.

Have a wonderful week! Hopefully see you on Thurs. at Borders,

Shelly

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home