Sunday, October 23, 2005

Square Pics


















These are the squares I did for the Blue Squares Too square swap at Crochetville. Most of them came from patterns out of the 200 Crochet Blocks book.
I love crocheting squares, that's how I got started crocheting again after learning with my great grandmother when I was a kid.
Well, I actually got started with scarves from LB Homespun. I loved those things and I swear I made about 10 of them. After I had started crocheting again, I saw a news article about a local AIDS patient who had recently started a charity called Northwinds Afghan Project crocheting 12" squares for lapghans for inpatient AIDS victims. I have worked with them since and that led me to other charities and to other crochet projects. And to the love of a hobby that borders on obsession.
As soon as I get it cleaned up enough to post, I'll show pics of my yarn stash. It definitely pales in comparison to others, but I'm quite proud of it. If only my husband shared the same view.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kellycat said...

I just love that book! You did a great job with the squares. I read what you said about being untechnical. Believe me that was my thought when I set up my blog, and I think everyone else's. If you need any help let me know I will try to help.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Crafty Andy said...

NIce Colors, I agree, sometimes these squares don't look to be much, but whenyou make something with them they come to life.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I just happened to be searching around the web and ran across your blog. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dakota and I am the founder of Northwinds Afghan Project. I just want to let you know what great little blog you have here and say thank you for mentioning us. Have a great day.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home