Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Socks and Trip Goods

I got some quality knitting time on the trip and thought I'd finally start Knit Pick's Almost Argyle Socks. I'm using Knit Picks Gloss - 70% Merino, 30% Silk and it is amazing. I love working with it. And the fit of the socks is spot on. I'm almost finished with the first one.

And there was even time on the Oregon trip for a little yarn shopping.
We stopped at Yarn Garden in Portland - a really cool yarn store about 3 store fronts wide in an old downtown section of Portland. And there's the cutest little tea bar/ snack place connected to it. This is the first time I have seen Koigu in real life and I thought I'd indulge.


When we were in Cannon Beach on Saturday, we stopped at Coastal Yarns and I got a skein of Socks that Rock. That was my first time to see that stuff in real life too. It's so soft and squishy! They also had some really great pieces made up and I found this great lace scarf pattern made with Kidsilk. If I make it through the current lace pattern I might give it a shot.

And the shot of the other goods:
We found this cool winery, Nehalam Bay, on the way up the Orgeon Coast. They had mostly fruit wines and I was sure they would be dreadful and syrupy sweet but they were all really great.
The mug and soap we got at this awesome Farmer's Market in Astoria. It was about three blocks wide and there were all kinds of artists and food booths. We had a ton of fresh seafood and other delicious goodness.

We also squeezed in a trip to Trader Joe's in Portland but the pics of those goods weren't too interesting. I got a bunch of snap pea crisps and some cool bathroom stuff. Oh, and Mexican Hot Chocolate.
It's definitely the best grocery store ever. I really hope our state will change it's stupid liquor laws soon (we don't allow wine in our grocery stores) so we can get cool stores like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like a great trip. Yay for some yarn shopping. I love STR. Yes it is squishy. :)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We grew calla lilies in our yard in CA, your pictures are all gorgeous.
And I agree with you about Trader Joe's. I use to shop there weekly in CA. It's a very pleasant place to shop!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

what a pretty sock and what great yarn buys....thanks for the comment on the ripple along...

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home